Wednesday 1 October 2014

It's all Courier from here, babe.

法科大学の最初の一歩

First Steps of Law School

(I like to write headings in Japanese because it makes White people think I have mystical Asian super powers)


     After 7 years in Japan I made an abrupt transition back into academia this summer. Has life changed much? Yeah. Small talk, small talk, sushi, sumo, rice, small talk, small talk, fat people, hamburgers, American women, small talk, small talk, hot weather right?

     Hopefully, I'll figure out what I'm doing when I get where I'm going. 

     In the meantime, I'm probably just going to post lots of photoshopped pictures to this blog. That's become my thing here, I guess. "Hello, I know we don't know each other well yet, but I want you to know that you'd look great as an absolute monarch in the 17th century. Here's proof." (proof forthcoming)

     First impressions: surprising dearth of self-absorbed jerks, surprising abundance of free meals. I've met a lot of fascinating and friendly people. I look forward to superimposing all of their faces into embarrassing imaginary situations in the years to come (when you got a shtick, run with it).






"...and 10% of your class are 28 and older..."


     


1 comment: